Do you have a passion for web3 culture and the future of finance?
Then you might be the one to lead Januar's community engagement.
What is this role about?
We are looking for a new colleague to own the strategy, content creation and growth of Januar’s community.
We are just getting started, so you will get to take part in shaping the voice and presence of Januar from an early stage!
As Januar’s Community & Content Lead, it is your responsibility to manage and grow Januar’s community by bringing ideas and content to life. You will work closely with and report directly to Andreas Keinicke (CMO/CPO and co-founder).
You will define and lead the strategy and practice of community engagement, including ideation and execution of content development. And you get to dive into web3 communities across channels like Twitter, Discord, YouTube, LinkedIn and Reddit - just to name a few.
The role is not solely focused on online channels, but much of your community engagement will be taking place here. IRL is magical, of course, and we're also keen on live events - but most of the time you will be making magic happen online.
You will establish and build our brand by positioning Januar as a community driven company, and you will personally be leading our engagement with people who are building amazing native web3 companies.
To build the best product in the market, we must very actively engage with the people who are building a more open and decentralized internet. These people are the innovative heroes that we aim to enable via our platform, bridging fiat and crypto through our financial services.
Your responsibilities will look something like this:
- Define and lead our organic social and community strategy, including ideation and content, across everywhere our users hang out – Discord, Twitter, Telegram, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Manage and grow the community
- Ideate new marketing initiatives to bring ideas and content to life across channels
- Track and report key metrics related to social media & community management
- Establish our brand as a thought leader in the Fintech and Crypto space
- Identify, strategize and execute around new social channels to enter and engage in
Why join Januar?
Working at Januar puts you on an exciting path, where you will take part in shaping the future of economic infrastructure across Europe, and developing high-impact tools for European businesses working with digital assets.
As part of the team in Januar, you'll get...
- A career in a Danish crypto-finance startup with unicorn ambitions
- Challenging and rewarding responsibilities with real impact
- World-class training in crypto fundamentals
- A stake in the company via warrants
- Significant flexibility at work
- Private health insurance
- Learning activities and social events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!
What will you need to succeed in this role?
The following description is us imagining the ideal candidate for the position - but we don’t expect you to tick all the boxes.
It is a requirement that you have a valid Danish work permit and live in Denmark (or are planning to move at your own cost).
It is furthermore a requirement that you can present a clean criminal record.
We expect you to have...
- Great people skills
- An interest in web3, Fintech and Crypto
- Understanding of web3 and crypto culture on online platforms
- Experience in community management, building external user relations and/or customer success
- Experience with strategy and engagement across social media channels such as Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, Discord and the likes
- Experience analysing and applying both qualitative and quantitative insights and metrics
- Creative and conceptual thinking with a flair for experimentation and testing ideas
- Excellent English language skills, e.g., with the ability to adapt your language to the message and audience
- The ability to lead yourself, proactively develop and present new concepts, and maintain momentum in a fast-changing environment
You might also benefit from having...
- Experience within crypto and/or fintech community building
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup
- Remote working experience
- Understanding of blockchains in general
How to apply
No need to write a novel to get our attention. Please submit your CV and feel free to include (ex)samples of your work.
We continuously evaluate incoming applications, and the starting date will be October 1st or as soon as possible thereafter.
What is Januar?
Our mission is to build the gateway between crypto and fiat. Currently, we're building a platform that bridges innovative crypto businesses with financial institutions, and we recently launched our first product, which gives our customers - mostly cryptocurrency businesses - access to payment accounts.
We base our business on trust and transparency, as well as solid expertise and experience in finance and crypto. We’re not all crypto experts, but we expect you to be curious and willing to both share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues.
We operate in the dynamic fintech space in Copenhagen and our team of 30+ people will keep growing steadily over the coming year.
A fair chance
We believe diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us an application!
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call , where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand. We might give you a small assignment that we can talk about in a second interview.
If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team. If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!