Januar is a fintech/crypto startup on the rise, and we’re looking for the next stars to join our team.
What is this role about?
As a QA engineer at Januar, you will be responsible for setting up and growing the QA processes, systems and culture in a startup preparing to scale. You will be responsible for testing our core functionality and play an important part in our product development process. The primary focus is on the backend testing while, but once in a while you will be doing frontend testing as well.
In Januar, we believe that working together as a team is key to creating the best outcome. You'll primarily work with our eight developers, and you will be in close contact with colleagues from other departments, too. For instance, you will be coordinating on a regular basis with our Product team and when it's regarding production defects, also the Operation team.
There are no set rules of what QA is or how QA works at Januar, so we are looking for someone to take the lead on the adventure to create a structure that you think will yield the best results. You'll be sparring with a colleague who's a QA expert but has taken on other responsibilities in Januar.
You'll thus be a big part of determining what QA means at Januar and how we grow the function.
Your responsibilities will include
- Testing backend functionality
- Testing frontend functionality
- Create processes for QA in Januar
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
Why join Januar?
Januar is a crypto finance start-up preparing to scale with a major focus on compliance and risk in the crypto space. Joining Januar this early on, opens opportunities to step up and make your unique view part of the way we work.
- The opportunity to continue your career in one of the most exciting crypto-finance start-ups in the Nordics
- A key role in our Tech team with professional challenges, significant responsibilities and real impact
- Highly skilled colleagues who are happy to both teach and learn
- Significant flexibility at work
- Best-in-class training in crypto fundamentals
- Private health insurance, company credit card and delicious lunch
- A stake in the company via warrants
- Private health insurance, company credit card, and delicious lunch
- Learning activities and social events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!
What will you need to succeed in this role?
In order to thrive and perform in this role, we imagine that you'll need:
- 4+ years of experience working with QA
- Certification in ISTQB foundation
- Experience working with JSON
- Experience with Postman and Cypress (nice to have, not mandatory)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You're excited about working in a dynamic and fast moving start-up environment and appreciate the flexibility and responsibility that come with it
- Ability to work in a structured way, e.g., when you build and maintain processes to ensure high quality
It is a requirement that you have a valid Danish work permit and live in Denmark (or are planning to move at your own cost).
It is furthermore a requirement that you can present a clean criminal record.
How to apply
All you need to do is to submit your CV and answer a couple of quick questions. We suggest applying as soon as possible, as we continuously evaluate incoming applications. The job ad will be closed once we have found the right candidate.
Starting date will be as soon as possible.
What is Januar?
Our mission is to build the gateway between crypto and fiat. Currently, we're building a platform that bridges innovative crypto businesses with financial institutions, and we recently launched our first product, which gives our customers - mostly cryptocurrency businesses - access to payment accounts.
We have extensive experience with compliant crypto transactions, which we are bringing to market by bridge the gap between traditional finance and the crypto space. We recently secured a EUR 6m seed round from a consortium of international venture funds, which reflects the trust the market has in Januar’s business.
We are 30+ friendly and highly skilled individuals. We are a diverse group with a common commitment to being flexible, self-starting, and responsible.
A fair chance
We believe diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us an application!
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call, where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we will set up an interview, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand.
If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team. If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!