Something super exciting is happening: Januar is launching in Germany!
And for that we need someone who will help us make an awe-inspiring first impression on businesses in Germany.
What is this role about?
This role represents the first step in bringing the Januar crypto gate to Germany and eventually the DACH region.
In summary, we need a self-driven, entrepreneurial, customer-centric person to help us launch and build our presence in the German market.
Energy, edge, and execution will be key to your success - as well as acting with curiosity and an open mind. Reporting to our Director of Sales, you must be self-driven and proactive when it comes to finding creative ways to get on the radar in new markets.
However, you won’t be alone - you’ll be working closely with your two colleagues in the Sales team, as well as Business Development and Customer Success. You thrive on seeing the team winning together, and you bring enthusiasm and encouragement to work.
With (potential) clients and partners, you create trust and connections in a heartbeat, asking relevant questions and acting as a trusted advisor to improve the relationship and the impression of our product.
Your responsibilities will look something like this:
- Reach out to and engaging in strategic conversations with potential clients and partners
- Qualify incoming opportunities and conducting demos to forward-thinking crypto businesses
- Convert and onboarding our first German clients to ensure that they are set up for success
- Build rapport and long-term relationships with clients and partners
- Drive the generation of market intelligence to adjust our international expansion strategy across the company
Why join Januar?
Working at Januar puts you on a very exciting path, where you will take part in shaping the future of economic infrastructure across Europe, and developing high-impact tools for European businesses working with digital assets.
As part of the team in Januar, you'll get...
- A career in a Danish crypto-finance startup with unicorn ambitions
- Challenging and rewarding responsibilities with real impact
- World-class training in crypto fundamentals
- A stake in the company via warrants
- Significant flexibility at work
- Private health insurance
- Learning activities and social events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!
What will you need to succeed in this role?
In order to bring Januar into the German market, we imagine you’ll need the skills and experiences listed below.
It is a requirement that you have a valid Danish work permit and live in Denmark (or are planning to move at your own cost).
It is furthermore a requirement that you can present a clean criminal record.
- Min. 2 years of experience with B2B customer relationship management, business development, and/or sales - preferably a mix
- A strong sense of ownership and the drive to take initiative
- A holistic mindset and approachable attitude, allowing you to collaborate across teams and thinking of the business as a whole
- Ambition to go beyond expectations, matched by an innovative mindset to find out how, and a strong inner motivation to achieve it
Nice to have
- Experience from a fintech, banking, or crypto company, and/or similar roles
- Extensive knowledge of the German/DACH market(s)
- Contagious optimism and enthusiasm
- A people-oriented, empathetic mindset, and the skills to build trust-based relationships
- Interest and abilities in leadership, in order to potentially grow into a larger role
How to apply
We suggest applying as soon as possible, as we continuously evaluate incoming applications.
All you need to do is to submit your CV and answer a couple of quick questions.
Starting date will be September 1st or as soon as possible thereafter.
What is Januar?
Our mission is to build the gateway between crypto and fiat. Currently, we're building a platform that bridges innovative crypto businesses with financial institutions, and we recently launched our first product, which gives our customers - mostly cryptocurrency businesses - access to payment accounts.
We base our business on trust and transparency, as well as solid expertise and experience in finance and crypto. We’re not all crypto experts, but we expect you to be curious and willing to both share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues.
We operate in the dynamic fintech space in Copenhagen and our team of 30+ people will keep growing steadily over the coming year.
A fair chance
We believe that diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us an application!
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call with our Head of People & Culture, where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand. We might give you a small assignment that we can talk about in a second interview.
If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team. If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!