Januar is a fintech/crypto startup on the rise, and we’re looking for the next product star to join our team.
What is this role about?
As a UX Designer at Januar, your mission is to deliver carefully selected value-adding capabilities that support crypto companies in integrating their fiat and crypto financial flows better, faster and cheaper!
You will work with several stakeholders across the team, including our part-time Lead UX, part-time UI Designer, Product Owners, and Developers.
We need you to gain an understanding of how users operate Januar’s current and future products. You will make decisions based on analysis of customer/user behaviour, the product value proposition, as well as your own expertise on common practices.
Your primary working location would be at Copenhagen Fintech Lab (Christianshavn).
Why join Januar?
As part of the team in Januar, you'll get...
- An opportunity to apply your expertise and make a strong mark on Januar’s product as our first full-time UX Designer
- A career in one of the most exciting crypto-finance startups in the Nordics, targeting the full European market
- Designing impactful new and exciting features to bridge the gap between traditional finance and crypto
- Learning activities and social events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!
- Salary according to qualifications and experience
- A stake in the company via warrants
- Significant flexibility at work
- Private health insurance
You will contribute by delivering and testing new product functionalities in collaboration with other team members from the product and tech teams.
Among other things, you can expect to:
- Create wireframes and prototypes
- Create business processes to document UX flows
- Understand how customers interact with the platform to understand outcomes (vs. outputs)
- Use and scale design systems over time
- Strengthen the current UX processes
- Maintain documentation and product change logs
- Potentially assist the Product Manager with product discovery, specifically user insight gathering
What will you need to succeed in this role?
To succeed in this role, we imagine you have most of the following...
- At least 2-3 years' experience in similar roles with proven success to show during the interviews
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar tools
- Good problem solving skills
- Good understanding of interaction design
- Experience with documenting design and UX; not just producing output but also arguing for made choices and the connection between different stages in a flow/concept
- Flair for communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiasm about the crypto finance products we are going to build
- A strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Flexibility during Januar’s exciting start-up journey
It is a requirement that you have a valid Danish work permit and live in Denmark (or are willing to move at your own cost).
It is furthermore a requirement that you can present a clean criminal record.
It's a plus if you have...
- A background with crypto, fiat payments, or the general finance industry
- Understanding of information architecture
- Experience with Lean UX processes
- Past UI design experience
- A good understanding of data flows and how to visualise them in your UX work
- Knowledge about Product Analytics
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn
- Fluency in Danish and other languages
- A healthy dose of humour
We are still in the early stages and have much more to develop, so you will need to thrive in the fast-paced, sometimes slightly chaotic work environment, where team spirit and delegated leadership go hand-in-hand.
Your first steps
During your first months on the team, you'll learn about Januar, the industry we operate in, our delivery teams, and the current product roadmap.
You will collaborate with the Head of Product and Product Owner, and align with different delivery teams to shape your work and your own development.
Taking a Cryptocurrency Essentials certification will be part of your onboarding.
How to apply
We suggest applying as soon as possible, as we continuously evaluate incoming applications. Starting date will be as soon as possible.
Questions about the position can be directed to Jens Warnez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Januar?
Januar is a young fintech company with big ambitions, officially founded in January 2021. We are a team of 30+ experienced people from diverse industries, coming together to build the leading one-stop crypto gate for European businesses.
Januar has raised its seed round and launched its MVP, which provides crypto companies with access to multi-currency IBAN payment accounts to collect and disburse payment to/from their own customer base. Januar has a Payment Service Provider Licence with the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority, enabling us to set up relationships with banks to integrate their infrastructure with Januar’s products and services.
A fair chance
We believe diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us an application!
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call with our Head of People & Culture, where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand. We might give you a small assignment that we can talk about in a second interview.
If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team. If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!