Are you the one to build a finance department to match our growth ambitions and compliance standards?
Meet Januar: a fast-growing fintech startup / payment Institution regulated by the FSA.
What is Januar?
Januar is a Danish Payment Institution, regulated by the FSA (Finanstilsynet). Founded in 2021 by a group of crypto veterans, we now count 30+ employees. Our mission is clear: we want to be the #1 crypto gate for European crypto businesses.
We are well-funded to reach this mission, with our recently secured 6 million euro seed round from a consortium of international VCs.
What is this role about?
We are looking for a VP of Finance who is ready to take on the responsibility of building Januar's finance department, geared towards our growth. This entails working with finance on a strategic and an operational level, as well as the opportunity to lead the development of the department.
Here is a selection of the responsibilities you'll be taking on:
- Create and implement budgets
- Be in charge of cash management and liquidity planning
- Assist in negotiations of key contracts
- Provide financial material for future funding rounds
- Manage our cap table and warrant program
- Prepare annual report for auditors
- Report financial information to the board and investors
- Prepare financial information in relation to the Danish FSA
- Handle month-end closing, including budget follow-up with department heads and presentation to executive management
- Process and approve operational payments (salaries, invoices, etc.)
- Review and approve the day book (“kassekladde”) for transaction activity
Why join Januar?
As part of the team in Januar, you'll get...
- A people-centric culture, where learning and knowledge-sharing is key, as is collaboration across departments
- Best-in-class training in cryptocurrencies
- Significant flexibility at work
- A stake in the company via warrants
- Private health insurance
What will you need to succeed in this role?
You are a natural collaborator and used to applying your skills in a multi-talented and ambitious team.
Your educational background is cand.merc. or similar, combined with a minimum of 4 years’ working experience in finance, preferably from a financial company and/or a scale-up.
We expect you to be…
- A strong and experienced communicator in Danish and English
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills
- Hands-on, focusing on improving processes
- Eager to take ownership and work collaboratively in a team environment
We expect you to bring high energy and quality to the table and that you can deliver results in a fast-paced environment. We also expect that you have a keen interest in cryptocurrency.
Do you see yourself as the one to take the finance processes of Januar to the next level? Then don’t hesitate to reach out!
We suggest applying as soon as possible, as we continuously evaluate incoming applications - and we will keep looking until we find the perfect match for our team.
A fair chance
We believe diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us an application!
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call with our Head of People & Culture, where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand. We might give you a small assignment that we can talk about in a second interview.
If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team. If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!