Are Node.js and React your specialties? Are you looking for freedom and a challenge of producing productive code with an impact? Do you have disrupting ideas for a modern secure user experience?
Look no further and join us in connecting the crypto world with modern banking!
What is Januar?
We are building the gateway to the new digitised financial system. We aim to enable access to payment accounts for cryptocurrency businesses, building the gateway between crypto and fiat.
We base our business on trust and transparency, as well as solid expertise and experience in finance and crypto. We’re not all crypto experts, but we expect you to be curious and willing to both share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues.
We’re a team of 30 now, and we expect to grow noticeably in size over the coming months.
As part of the team in Januar, you will get:
- Flexibility - work when and where you want (giving priority to team alignment and collaboration :-)
- A new Macbook (or similar laptop) and other IT equipment you need
- Highly skilled colleagues who are happy to both teach and learn
- A human-centric, value-based culture
- Best-in-class training in cryptocurrencies
- Challenging and rewarding assignments; many of them end-to-end
- Social activities and events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!
In Januar, you’ll be a crucial and equal part of the team working on our core software platform. You’ll own the responsibility of our core software suite alongside the current team, working with an agile mindset that fits both a fintech and startup mentality. There will be plenty of room for you to define various aspects of your role.
The team you’re joining
Our tech team consists of 10 people who each have 10-20+ years of experience, so you’ll have the chance to learn a lot and pitch in with your own experience and ideas. Your role in the team is highly flexible and will primarily be defined by your wishes and ambitions - we believe that people should do what they do best. If we lack the skills for a given task, we’ll handle it as a team, either by educating one or more team members, or by whom we hire as the next to join the team.
Skills and expertise
The following description is us imagining the ideal candidate for the position - but we don’t expect you to tick all the boxes.
Our needs are broad and change with the company’s rapid growth, so we’d also love to hear from you if you have more, less, or different experience.
Maybe you have skills we didn’t even realise we need!
It is a requirement that you live in Denmark or within Europe, as we are unfortunately not able to cover relocation costs.
- 5+ years of professional experience doing frontend development (node.js) as part of a team
- Understanding of working in cloud environments
- Extensive or good understanding of how to consume and integrate towards RESTful APIs
- Fluent in working with git
- Understanding of and/or opinion on CI/CD combined with a microservice setup
- Understanding of microservice architecture principles and do's & don'ts
- Understanding of how to orchestrate multiple environments
- Application services, preferably with an Infrastructure-as-a-service mindset
- Fluency in English and high-level Danish skills
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind
Nice to have
- Node.js experience, frontend or backend
- Experience with security audits of cloud-based platforms and/or in connection with API
- Interest in trading, maybe even experience with trading yourself
- Experience in doing low latency systems for use in trading environments
- Understanding of blockchains in general
- Understanding the importance of a well-functioning, solid DevOps experience
Proven experience from a similar role is a big plus. We expect you to have a keen interest in finance and cryptocurrency, but no pre-knowledge is required.
You’re free to work on any platform you want, and we provide the hardware and software you need to do your daily work.
We do expect you to use multi-factor login for our platforms and services in order to reduce attack-vectors.
When can you join?
Your starting date depends on what we agree upon - we do hope to bring you onboard as soon as possible, should there be a match between us.
It is a prerequisite for employment that you can present a clean criminal record. And it is a requirement that you have a valid work permit and live in Denmark or within Europe.
A fair chance
We believe diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us a motivated application.
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call with our Head of People & Culture and Project Manager, where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we'll set up an interview with the hiring manager, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand. We might give you a small assignment that we can talk about in a second interview. If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team. If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!