Are you a leader in craftsmanship looking for the freedom to be creative? Familiar with the latest trends and technologies to make web applications smooth and stable?
Look no further, we offer a flexible environment open to new ideas and we are searching for pioneers ready to disrupt.
(Update April 2022: Our tech team has tripled to ten people in a few months, so we are not urgently looking for new colleagues, but always open for a talk!)
What is Januar?
Our goal is to build the gateway to the new financial system. Currently, we enable access to payment accounts for cryptocurrency businesses, as the first step on our journey to building the gateway between crypto and fiat.
We base our business on trust and transparency, as well as solid expertise and experience in finance and crypto. We’re not all crypto experts, but we expect you to be curious and willing to both share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues.
We’re a team of 30 now, and we expect to grow in size over the coming months.
As part of the team in Januar, you will get:
- Flexibility - work when and where you want (giving priority to team alignment and collaboration :-)
- A Macbook Pro (or similar laptop) and other IT equipment you need
- Highly skilled colleagues who are happy to both teach and learn
- A human-centric, value-based culture
- Best-in-class training in cryptocurrencies
- Challenging and rewarding assignments; many of them end-to-end
- Social activities and events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!
In Januar, you’ll be a crucial and equal part of the team working on our core software platform. You’ll play a key role in developing our core software suite alongside the current team, working with an agile mindset that fits both a fintech and startup mentality. There will be plenty of room for you to define various aspects of your role.
The team you’re joining
Our tech team consists of ten people and expect to grow further over the coming year. We each have 10-20+ years of experience, so you’ll have the chance to learn a lot and pitch in with your own experience and ideas. Your role in the team is highly flexible and will primarily be defined by your wishes and ambitions - we believe that people should do what they do best. If we lack the skills for a given task, we’ll handle it as a team, either by educating one or more team members, or by whom we hire as the next to join the team.
Skills and expertise
The following description is us imagining the ideal candidate for the position - but we don’t expect you to tick all the boxes.
Our needs are broad and change with the company’s rapid growth, so we’d also love to hear from you if you have more, less, or different experience.
Maybe you have skills we didn’t even realise we need!
It is a requirement that you have a valid Danish work permit and live in Denmark (or are willing to move at your own cost).
- 10+ years of professional experience doing backend development as part of a team
- Fluent end efficient in the Java language (Kotlin is a +)
- Proficient in NoSQL programming, and good understanding of databases in general, incl. use cases and limitations, but also distributed caching and how to approach this
- Solid understanding of working in cloud environments (knowledge of kubernetes is a +)
- Extensive or good understanding of how to build frontend-facing APIs
- Fluent in working with git and branching strategies)
- Understanding of and/or opinion on CI/CD combined with a microservice setup
- Moderate or good understanding of how the JVM works
- Good understanding of microservice architecture principles and do's & don'ts
- Understanding of how to orchestrate multiple environments with multiple application services, preferably with an Infrastructure-as-a-service mindset.
- Fluency in English (Danish is a plus, but not a requirement)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind
Nice to have
- Node.js experience, frontend or backend
- Interest in trading, maybe even experience with trading yourself
- Experience in doing low latency systems for use in trading environments
- Understanding of blockchains in general
- Understanding the importance of a well-functioning, solid DevOps experience
- Proven experience from a similar role is a big plus.
We use Azure as our cloud provider, but if you come with extensive knowledge of AWS or similar, that will work for us.
We expect you to have a keen interest in finance and cryptocurrency, but no pre-knowledge is required.
You’re free to work on any platform you want, and we provide the hardware and software you need to do your daily work.
We do expect you to use multi factor login for our various platforms and services in order to reduce attack-vectors.
When can you join?
Your starting date depends on what we agree upon - we hope to bring you onboard as soon as possible, should there be a match between us.
It is a prerequisite for employment that you can present a clean criminal record and that you live in Denmark (or are able to move at your own cost).
A fair chance
We believe diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us a motivated application.
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call with our Head of People & Culture and Project Manager, where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand. We might give you a small assignment that we can talk about in a second interview. If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team.
If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!